Sunday, September 09, 2007

Bargain Buy

Friday is my usual Wal-Mart morning and I recently spied a consignment store in the shopping district near it so I stopped in before I went grocery shopping this past Friday. Their clothing was not so hot, but they did have lots of good books, nick nacks, and a few toys. We have been planning on purchasing a wooden rocking horse for Ella Ann for her birthday because she never gets off of one when she spots one at a friend's house or at a toy store so when I saw a great one at this consignment store I let Ella Ann have her way and we, I say we because she wouldn't let it go, carried it out to the car. I bought it for $10!!! I was so happy because the one at IKEA that I was going to buy was $35! I also bought a great book that Ella Ann loves at the store for 50 cents! I love it when I find good bargains, I guess because I rarely do! The horse is so cute and better than the one from IKEA. Ella Ann had a fit when I told her it couldn't go in with us to Wal-Mart! I had to make it the fastest shopping trip ever so we could hurry up and get in the car so she could at least look at it! She rocks on it quite often and really has enjoyed it this weekend, along with her new book. Unfortunately she gets in trouble a lot because she tries to rock while holding her milk, blanket, cow, and two horses! This makes for a dangerous ride!

We didn't really do too much this weekend either. Spencer was either working, sleeping, or watching football so we just stayed around the house. I took Ella Ann to the great playground again on Saturday morning. She did scream and holler when I tried to get her back in the stroller to leave, but not like she did last weekend! Whew! We also went to the pool and played and all we talked about was playing in the pool next weekend/week with Carter and Seth! We are headed to the beach next week, so I will post pictures from our travels when we get back. Here are a few pics from our weekend.


Her fabulous new horse! She calls it her "rocking horsey" and when she sits on it she'll say "rock, rock, rock, rock"!


Notice her white bear that is sitting on the school bus beside her. She has recently started propping up her animals so they can "watch her" play and eat! I guess it's because we have told her so many times that they can't rock or eat with her but they can sit and watch.



She climbed up on the couch, rolled herself up in her bobbie and laid down with Spencer while he was resting on the couch. She laid there for like 15 minutes, which is unheard of for her to either lay or sit still for that long!


1 comment:

Jana said...

So cute! I love the horse! Glad you all had a good weekend. Enjoy your beach trip too! Hope to see you before you go!