Sunday, July 22, 2007

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

My parents came down this past Friday to visit for the weekend. I grew up cheering for the St. Louis Cardinals because my parents are big fans, as is Spencer. The Cardinals were playing the Braves this weekend so my Dad got tickets and we all went Saturday night. Jana came to our house and kept Ella Ann so we could all actually enjoy the game! Again, thank you so much Jana! Even though the Cardinals majorly got beat, we still had a blast! We gorged ourselves on park fare, even though it wasn't that good we had to do it anyway for the experience, cheered when the Cardinals scored their 1 home run, and enjoyed the beautiful game night at Turner Field. Spencer and I hadn't been to a baseball game, let alone a Cardinals game, in forever so it was fun to just go!

Friday night we just ordered pizza and hung out at our house and during the day Saturday my parents played with Ella Ann and we ran some errands. For lunch on Saturday, though, we went to a really neat/fun restaurant in downtown Decatur (small, quaint suburb of the city) and had lunch outside, which of course Ella Ann loved. It was a beautiful day here yesterday so we were happy to spend most of it outdoors.

The game was the highlight of the weekend for sure, but I bet my parents would say the highlight for them was seeing Ella Ann! :) Thanks to my parents for taking us to the game, we had a really good time!


Reading her new "Ella" book with Grandpa. She has both "Ella" books now thanks to her Aunt Mandy and they are her favorites!
Not liking Mimi's shades while at lunch yesterday!

Ella Ann isn't much on taking pictures lately!


Crazy Ella Ann after Mimi gave her a bath!


Here is Turner Field. It was a nice stadium with a view of the city, so I thought I'd share it with everyone.


Since the Cardinals were being slaughtered, we left the game a little early. The Cardinal fans around us were disappointed in our lack of faith for the major comeback they were hoping for! ha!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Glad you all had a good time at the game...can't wait to go. We have also lived here for 3 years and haven't been to one...sad, sad. Where did you eat lunch on Saturday? I always love hearing about new places to try from you---cause you always pick good ones! I'm sure we'll see ya soon!

Mandy said...

Looks like you all had a good weekend! I'm sure the night out and the ballgame were fun. I'm glad Ella Ann likes her books...I love buying things for her!!

Love,
Mandy