Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Belated Thanksgiving

Ever since Spencer and I have been married, we've always spent Thanksgiving with my parents. The first two years we were married we went to Disney World, last year Ella Ann was born a week before and this year Spencer had to work so we couldn't go anywhere. Therefore, my parents drove down here again and I cooked our Thanksgiving feast. My Mom was unable to take off work on Friday, so we just skipped Thanksgiving Day and treated it as any other day. Spencer had both Thursday and Friday off, so we went to the park to enjoy some amazing spring-like weather. Spencer made me toss a football with him both days at the park and Ella Ann would sit in between us in the grass with one of her three singing Christmas ornaments. Yes, she has carried around one of three bug Christmas ornaments that "grunt" Christmas tunes that I found when I was unpacking some of our Christmas decorations this past week! It's hilarious because she will dance each time she pushes their bellies and they starting grunting "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". So if you will picture in your mind me trying to toss a football (for those of you who know me all too well you know how much I hate sports) so you can imagine how terrible I am and then there was Ella Ann walking back and forth between us pushing her singing ornament and dancing! I'm sure we were a sight for sore eyes!

Okay, so back on Thanksgiving, my parents came down Friday night and we ordered some fantastic pizza. Spencer had to work on Saturday, so my parents, Ella Ann and I went out to brunch and did some Christmas shopping. That afternoon, we had some appeptizers and Mom and I cooked until Spencer got home later that evening. Then we got to chow down on our belated Thanksgiving dinner! Finally! Next year, hopefully, we'll be back at Disney for the holiday!!!!

We had a really good time together this weekend and it was an easy goodbye for my parents today because Ella Ann and I will be seeing them again in a few days!



Ella Ann playing with her Mimi.



What a happy kid!




Ella Ann giving Grandpa a big kiss!



Ella Ann with her Grandpa and singing ornament!



Our Thanksgiving spread!



Ella Ann had already eaten dinner before we sat down for ours. She sat with us, though, and ate some puffs because she wouldn't touch the turkey!

1 comment:

Matt and Jennifer said...

Thanksgiving is great any day of the year....lucky you that you got to celebrate on Saturday! We were only dreaming of leftovers. Love the updates on your blog. It's so fun to keep up with your life. Happy birthday to Ella Ann AND mommy! Love, Blaze