Monday, October 23, 2006

Wedding Getaway

This past weekend, I went to Kentucky to be a part of a friend's wedding. I left on Thursday and came home on Sunday and the entire time I was without Ella Ann! Her Nana and Papa came down to keep her while Spencer worked Thursday and Friday. It was nice for Ella Ann and Spencer to be able to spend four days with his parents, and I don't think they minded tooooo much spending so much time with their granddaughter! :)
I had a really good time with just my girlfriends from my sorority. I haven't gotten to spend this much time with my best friends in years, so we had a blast catching up and doing all kinds of fun things. We went to a shower for Laura on Thursday night and had her bachlorette party too. I think we all slept for a couple of hours, and that's about it! She had a bridesmaid luncheon for us on Friday and then Saturday was the big day. I think us girls gained a good 5 pounds because she fed us such good food and a ton of it!

Laura looked soooooo beautiful on her wedding day! I totally forgot to take a picture of her in her dress, so you'll just have to take my word for it! Thanks, Laura, for taking care of us and for all the good times! I miss everyone all ready!

I really, really missed Ella Ann and Spencer so I was very happy to see them when I got back! I think Ella Ann forgot who I was! ha! She remembered pretty quickly, though, and reattached herself to her normal position........which is wrapped around my neck! :) Thank you again, Gary and Gayla, for coming down here and taking such good care of Ella Ann. I cannot thank you enough!

The bride-to-be, Laura, before we went out on the town for her bachlorette party. I was proud of her, she wore all that the entire time!

Katie, Emily, Laura, Me and Andrea
These are my four best friends from college.


Me, Emily and Katie


Laura with her bridesmaids Friday at the luncheon.


Me, Andrea, Katie and Emily before the wedding.
Luckily, I got to spend a little time with my parents too, since they were up for the wedding.

Katie, Emily and Emily's husband, Paul, getting ready to stuff their faces at the reception! The food was sooooooo good!

Andrea and I at the reception.












No comments: