Sunday, February 13, 2011

Super Saturday

My Mom and Dad came down for a quick grandchild fix this weekend since I won't be traveling to Kentucky to their house until Ella-Ann's spring break in April and my Dad hasn't seen Pierson since she was born. We had a full day of fun ahead so it's a good thing we started off our morning on the right foot and all.....
with nothing else but cookies, chocolates and iced donuts! At least the extra large coffee was calorie-free! Spencer takes the kids every once in a while on a Saturday morning to Dunkin' Donuts and when he opened the door yesterday morning to leave a package was sitting on the steps. My Mom always sends us an amazing assortment of cookies and chocolates for nearly every holiday and we love it! Yesterday we received the Valentine's Day box so of course I had to immediately open it and eat a cookie! Ella-Ann wasn't feeling too well yesterday and was up often throughout the night because of a bad headache. She wasn't in the mood for her normal (very healthy) breakfast so instead I allowed her to chow down on a chocolate-covered rice krispie treat while Spencer and Rane were at the donut shop! I figured a little bit a chocolate would cure any headache! See, I can be a fun mom sometimes! Her and I get the most excited about the yummy treats...she is a girl after my own heart, after all!

As she was eating her rice krispie treat she was eyeballing the heart-shaped, pink-iced-with- sprinkles donut Spencer brought back for her!

My parents came over shortly after our sugar fest and we took the kids over to their hotel so they could swim in the pool. They were so excited! I gave Ella-Ann some Tylenol so she was feeling much better. She would have moments of lathargy throughout the day but was pretty much okay all day and was able to enjoy her time with her grandparents.

Ella-Ann was pumped to be able to put on her new swimsuit in February!




After they went for a swim we headed to lunch at Phipps Tavern, one of my favorite places to eat. I snapped the below picture walking back to our car after we ate. They both reeeeeally love their Grandpa!
Once we got back to the house Spencer had to head to work for the rest of the day and into the night so Dad stayed with Ella-Ann and Rane while Mom, Pierson and I shopped for a couple of hours at Kudzu, a 25,000-square foot warehouse of wall-to-wall vintage antiques. I am incredibly sad that I just discovered this amazing place after living here nearly 6 years and passing it practically everyday! It is unbelievable and is now my all-time favorite shopping spot! I have to say it even tops Nordstrom in my book! Mom loved it as much as me and I look forward to packing up a U-Haul with lots of goodies from the store when we move at the end of the year!

Anyway, while we were gone Dad took the kids to Bruster's for an obscene amount of chocolate ice cream. It was so nice here this weekend so they enjoyed sitting outside eating and playing in the backyard. I swear the only non-sugary item Ella-Ann ate all day was buttered noodles from Phipps Tavern! To make sure we got enough chocolate squeezed into our Saturday, once mom, baby and I returned from shopping we went to Whole Foods for their (free) chocolate and champage fest. It was so much fun and Mom, Dad and I had some really good drinks and treats! I banned the kids from anymore chocolate so I packed them a snack if they so desired to eat anything! When we got back to the house we ordered some pizza and enjoyed that after we put the kids to bed. Whew, what a jam-packed day!

My parents came over this morning to visit and say goodbye. We will surely miss them since we won't see them for a while, but we certainly made the most of our time with them this weekend!

1 comment:

Christy said...

So glad you had a good time with them Katie! I LOVE your sugar-fest photo...everyone needs one of those every now and then :)