Friday, April 18, 2008

A Dream Half Fulfilled

When I woke up this morning, I saw that Al Roker was doing his annual segment of "Today Lends A Hand" right here in Atlanta! He tours the country in one week visiting different charities and donating tons of stuff to them. I absolutely LOVE the Today show and watch it every single morning and if I miss a morning, I Tivo it and watch it during Ella Ann's nap while I eat lunch! One of my dreams is to stand outside of Rockefeller Center while the Today show airs and wave and yell as the camera passes me by and I get to see all the Today show staff! I know, it's silly, but that's me! So of course I wasn't going to miss an opportunity to see one of the co-anchors that was literally 1.5 miles from my house! I hurried and got dressed and threw Ella Ann in the car and off we went at 8:30 a.m.! I was the one and only person there that was not affiliated with the Today show, the charity, or the Atlanta police, but I was right there in the thick of it snapping pictures like crazy! Here are a couple of them!

I also wanted to post these two pictures that Jana sent me. The two of us took the girls to the park yesterday so they could play and we could catch up. It's amazing to see how much they have grown in the last 2.5 years and we are so blessed to have the Barker family as our family in Atlanta. It is evident how much Ella Ann and Mara Kate love each other too. They are two peas in a pod!

This is going in a frame!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

How fun!! I know you were thrilled to see Al Roker and be there for part of the filming of the Today show. :) One of these days I'm sure you'll make it to NYC to see the "real" thing.
Ella Ann and Mara Kate are so cute together. It so sweet to see a friendship already forming in her life!
Love,
Mandy

15010 said...

I was in Rockefeller Center on Tuesday and watched them set up for the Today show, I will post a few pictures on my blog or facebook sometime soon. i did not see any today show staff, but it was fun to see them setting up.