Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Girly Fun

I am so excited to be having a girl! I love looking at all the girly stuff when I shop and I am automatically drawn to the girls' side of a clothing store....poor Rane! I enjoy shopping for babies in general but there is something special about a baby girl. This is why I was so excited to attend a shower for Megan and I Tuesday morning. Our dear friends, Jana, Andria and Ruth, kindly threw a baby girl shower for the two of us! Megan is also having a girl, she has 2 boys, and is due in 3 weeks. She is over the moon about a baby girl and oooohs and ahhhs over all the baby girl gear more than I do! I was also thrilled that my Mom was here for the shower! She drove down on Sunday and leaves on Wednesday so it meant a lot to me for her to be here for the shower and she got to meet all of my friends that I talk about so often!

After I dropped Rane off at his "school" this morning Mom and I headed over to Ruth's house. I was looking forward to seeing everyone and I really wanted to see Jana since I hadn't seen her since Labor Day. I didn't dare tell Ella-Ann where I was going and what I'd be doing because she would cry her eyes out if she knew she were missing out on seeing all of her buddies, especially Mara Kate.

The girls had a wonderful spread of food for everyone, tea and coffee. It was all fabulous! Several of our friends came and it was so nice to feel so loved! Megan and I received lovely gifts, everything from blankets, to bibs, to clothing. I cannot wait for our baby girls to get here so we can dress them up and show them off!

We also had a great time with Mom while she was here. On Sunday afternoon we laid low around the house. Monday morning Mom, Rane and I went to Whole Foods for our early bird special then hit up the DeKalb Farmer's Market for some food shopping. That evening we all went to Neuvo Laredo Cantina for dinner....Mom and I's favorite! I have been craving it for quite some time so I was really excited to chow down! Tuesday morning was the shower and that afternoon Ella-Ann had gymnastics. The kids love having their Mimi here and both of them are attached to her leg all waking hours! Mom was such a big help to me while she was here, as usual!

Megan opening gifts....


Megan and I with our hostesses: Ruth, Jana and Andria.

Megan and I.

All the fantastic food we ate!

Mom and I.

I got to hold little Evelyn for a few minutes. She's gotten so big!

Getting ready to rummage through all the gifts. As you can see, Rane made himself right at home on a gift, of course!

No comments: