Wednesday, December 09, 2009

What Could Have Been

This was going to be our Christmas card..........

but when push came to shove and I was at the checkout counter at the photo department in Target I chickened out. I couldn't have my children on our Christmas card in Pink Floyd t-shirts (I know you are thanking me right now grandparents....I did it for you!). It was going to be super cute too. The card said "Wish You Were Here" on it, which for those of you who do not know Pink Floyd songs (yeah, I only know one too) "Wish You Were Here" is the song most people do know. Spencer has always sung this song to our kids at bedtime and Ella Ann knows the words. I was in the boys department at Target a couple of weeks ago and spotted the t-shirt and nearly did a back flip in the isle because I was so excited! Pink Floyd is Spencer's all time favorite band and to have his kids wear their shirt was just great for him. I couldn't wait for him to get home that day and see the shirts! Of course I had to bribe Ella Ann to put hers on and as soon as the picture was over (the one above was the ONLY picture I took) the shirt was off and it was back in the bag to be returned to Target. If it's not pink, forget it. I also had to turn her headband over to the blue side (the underside is pink) which sent her into a tailspin. The idea for the card was Spencer's, but the traditional part of me took over at the counter today and I bought the backup 50 cards I ordered with another picture on it. I only paid for one order (I had 3 orders of 50 cards each!) so no harm done.

So we are busy this week, or at least I am busy. Tis' the Season! I baked over 50 cookies for my Bible study's cookie exchange today. I had made chocolate covered peppermint pretzels on Sunday to take but then I decided they were not cookie-exchange worthy so I got back out in the rain after going to Trader Joe's already with both kids because I was one egg short (ONE!) and baked 2 dozen more cookies of a different variety. I baked all. day. long. yesterday. It was so fun to me...I really enjoyed it, but I would have loved it even more had I been all alone! It was tough to keep Ella Ann out of the the cookie mess because I made them with peanut butter and Baby Rane from out of my cabinets, the dish washer, hanging on my pant leg, etc. You get the picture. I had a hair appointment last night to get my hair colored for the first time. I don't know why I decided to do it, maybe my early mid-life crisis of turning 30. Anyway, I asked for a "warm" color...not too drastic but somewhat noticeable....I left with sorta red hair. Not good. Not happy. Will be going back, most likely, soon to get it toned down. Spencer described it as "auburn." Ella Ann described it as "pink." Either way, not the look I was going for. I will not be taking pictures to document this so unless you see me before I possibly get it toned down you aren't going to!

I have a ton of errands every single day on my laundry list of to-dos. I have more oyster crackers to make (my Mom's awesome seasoned cracker recipe), candy making this weekend, presents to buy, presents to wrap and I want to go ahead and get Rane's birthday party prepped on paper so I will quit lying in bed at night thinking about it. Our festivities will officially be over on the afternoon of January 9th (Baby Boy's 1st birthday party)! He is 11 months old day, I cannot believe it. His babyhood has gone by in the blink of an eye.


Last night Spencer walked down our hallway to the bedrooms and he called me to come look at something. I get to Rane's room and this is what we found....

He had pulled out the bottom drawer on his own, threw the blankets out and climbed in! He was in it forever and was squealing with delight!


2 comments:

Jana said...

You do sound busy!!! Wish I could eat some of your yummy cookies!

Mandy said...

I love the pictures! Rane is so funny and is definitely going to keep you busy. :) They look cute in their Pink Floyd shirts...I know Spencer loved it! Hope you are able to get it all done this week...life does seem extra crazy right now. :)
Love,
Mandy