Thursday, June 15, 2006

New Teeth & Tricks

Ella Ann has recently cut her two bottom teeth! They have been in for a little over a week, but I just took the below picture this morning. When I went to get her up this morning, she was sitting up in her crib waiting for me. It was the first time she has pulled herself up to a sitting position and I missed it! However, she did it three more times this morning, so I was able to see it. Yesterday she started screaming after I laid her down for a nap and when I went in her room after a few minutes to see what the problem was she was standing up in her crib leaning over it! Let me also mention that the crib is still in it's highest position! Yikes! This was also the first time she has pulled herself up without assistance from Spencer and I! Needless to say, Spencer lowered it as soon as he got home!
Ella Ann has a few more new tricks these days. She does an "army crawl" by scooting herself on her elbows and belly with her knees to follow. The only way I can describe it is that she looks like an inchworm when she does it! She gets VERY frustrated still when on her belly, so even though she puts herself in this position about every 10 seconds, she still yells until one of us rescues her!
I have also tried giving her some finger foods recently. We have tried dry and buttered toast, which she hates; a slice of cheese, which she also hated, and today I gave her a little bit of egg yolk (babies under 1 can only have yolks so don't think I'm being strange), which she actually liked!
Ella Ann's favorite toys these days, besides a bright pink girraffe that my friend, Molly, gave her, are a spoon, pot, an empty formula container, toliet paper roll and the cat! No need for the grandparents to buy anymore toys, just bring some trash or anything from your kitchen cabinets when you visit! ha!
So, for all of you many, many people who don't see us often, you must soon make a trip down to visit us so you do not miss out on all this fun! :)


No comments: